To Blog or Not to Blog

To Blog or Not to Blog

According to Lorelle VanFossen on the subject of blogging, “It was called “online journaling” and some called it “web diaries” or “blithering idiots writing on the Internet”. I tried not to blither, but I just did what I knew and now am known for what I did and continue to do: blog.” (VanFossen, L. retreived 10.14.2010 from http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2005/08/29/learning-about-blogging-and-how-to-blog/). This is a good example of what a blog is or what it can be. Blogs are becoming more and more popular as people become more familiar with them.
Blogging is a way to keep your thoughts together in an electronic format. It is used as a way to share ideas with others and allow them to comment. Many people use blogs as a way to communicate with their families and keep everyone updated on things such as pregnancy or baby’s first steps. Blogs can be organized in a chronologic order of events (posts). Another use for a blog is a web diary. This is an electronic version of the well-known diary where you can log your thoughts, ideas, etc. There are also blogs that are used for conversing and exchanging opinions on a particular subject. While most people will use these for that purpose there are others that will use them to vent or as mentioned above, “blither”. The blogs I have looked at can be a good source of information. You can get opinions/comments on a particular vacation spot or movie or just about anything.
Reference:
http://lorelle.wordpress.com/2005/08/29/learning-about-blogging-and-how-to-blog/

4 comments:

Linda Jackson said...

I am not a fan of blogging and in my experience have noticed that sometimes people do not even comment on the topic, but whatever is on their mind. Sometimes I prefer not to know what others are thinking about so I do not usually read blogs. With technology evovling people feel the need to share every detail of their life or thoughts and some things should be kept to yourself.

Sandy W. said...

I have only read a few blogs and have never written one. I must admit the idea of blogging intrigues me. I used to journal faithfully but it has become less fulfilling in the last couple of years. I am considering blogging as an alternative but have no clue how to start! I will continue to explore this avenue as this article makes it sound good for anyone.

Tamia Spain said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tamia Spain said...

Although I am in the process of writing my first article, I haven’t read many blogs. I would definitely consider blogging "online journaling". Blogging, just like everything else in the world, isn’t for everyone; but it is a great way to offer information to others, as well as express your opinion. It is important to share perspectives and information with others. On the other hand, I do not think it is a good idea, nor is it necessary to share too much personal information. Blogging is a very simple way to exchange ideas and information, and that’s what it should be used for. Also, it is nice to read an article and see other people’s comments on the subject. The additional information and opinions really add to the article.