What if my Mom Reads my Blog? (Liu Xun, China)

“What if my mom reads my blog?!” quoted by Liu Xun.

Liu Xun compares American Bloggers to Chinese Bloggers and how each country has some form of anxiety issues when it comes to blogging and being able to blog what they want to say. In return depending on how much anxiety a blogger has determines how maintenance of the blog is kept.

In the article on Online Posting Anxiety: Impacts on Blogging it mentions how people are scared that what they blog can and will be used against them. There is nothing truly safe on the internet, look at the all the news about how divorce attorneys are accessing face book pages to show cheating spouses. Prospective employers search the internet to learn about a possible employee as well. It is no wonder that this kind of anxiety exists. American and Chinese both face this fear equally.

I have come to the point of locking my face book account down so only select friends can see what I have on there. I am still careful what I put so everyone including my mother does not know what I am doing. In reality you should be able to blog or write and not worry about the consequences. Society has come to the point where it is very easy to offend someone by written word or saying something wrong.

When you blog there should be no anxiety about who will be reading. Each individual should be free from anxiety to write towards their goal audience. If it was not meant for you then stay out. This should apply for any usage on the internet people who are noisy are the ones who have no life get one so the rest of us may be free to blog what is on our minds. No matter what country we are in.

Apryle
http://www.regis.edu

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, when blogging or posting on social network sites individuals have to be careful about what they say, because the tinest thing can offend others. However, I believe if what I say offends a person they have the option of not reading, replying or deleting me as a friend. I should have not have to censor myself, but I do try to remain respectful of others.

Tomeka Davis said...

sorry the previous comment was from me...

Yvonne H said...

I have seen many people get very upset over the blogs. I have also witnessed some folks getting death threats so I do wonder about the cyber world.

I do agree we are all entitled to our thoughts and opinions but some are very destructive and basically it all comes down to respect.

Thank you.
Yvonne Thornton Henderson