"Housing Woes Lead to Losses, Job Cuts for Title Insurers."

"As the deteriorating housing markets caused orders to fall and title challenges to rise."
http://galenet.galegroup.com.dml.regis.edu. Article A176770232.Comtex Scientific Corp. News Provided by Comtex. Byline: Raymond J Lehmann.

I selected this article because I work in the real estate/ title insurance industry. It serves as a learning tool for myself to learn more about the business and how the world is effected by the industry. Reading this article made me understand why so many individuals have lost there jobs because of the real estate market and how this effect every single one of us.

On this article the three company that gave the companies opinion of there "Bad News Compounds" included. Continue to layoff for employee in there industry in order for the business to survive the loss of revenue due to the market being in the down fall.

In the section that notes "A Look Ahead " it was surprising to see that the chairperson for these companies don't see a good 2008 ahead of us. All the could comment is that they "Are changing the way they do business" in order for a better financial status when the market comes back up.
I have to say that working in this business I hear the same quotes from my supervisor on a daily basis. It does not surprise me that they don't even know if it will get better soon even getting paid the big bucks!

MOrtiz

No comments: