Welcome from Tokyo

I would like to welcome everyone to the Spring 8w2 COM215 Class Blog.

I find it somewhat interesting that, this class has made me more aware of certain things through this current trip. For instance, I pondered the TSA blog as I walked through security, I'm not a big TSA fan, but I do realize the service they provide. While they do have their flaws, the traveling public, also needs to be aware of the rules when it comes to flying. Having flown over 350,000 miles in the past 2 1/2 years, I can appreciate people who follow the rules when it comes to going through airport security. It's almost like that Visa commercial, where everything is fine and dandy until one person throws a wrench in the whole line.

I also appreciate the convenience of laptops and wireless network connections. They allowed me to do some homework while stuck at an airport. It's definitely a big jump from a few years ago where dial-up and high internet costs were the norm. I did find it challenging to add accounts and create an initial post though, as the blogger site was in Japanese.

I look forward to learning not only with, but also from everybody. If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.

Joe

10 comments:

MOrtiz said...

I have not been in a plane since 2005. So It will be very different when I have to take a flight to Connecticut for my brother's wedding in July. I think I will be so stress for that trip that when I get of the 1st thing i'm going to say is "Where is the BAR". My sisters always tell me everything will be fine but I guess its one of does things I will be afraid of at that is getting on a plane!

tax_accoutant_27 said...

HEy Joe:
I am glad you got this intead of me. After I thought about it I really would not have time to do with it what I needed to. Let me know if you need help. Between two jobs, school, and 25 youth my hands pretty full.

jim said...

Hi Joe, Kudos for taking on the blogmaster job. This is my first experience of participating in a blog - should be a good learning experience and fun.

Anonymous said...

Joe,
It's brave and nice of you to be our blogmaster. I have never participated in a blog, so I am anxious to see what I am missing!

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe -

I think what you're doing is great and I have learned so much from this class in a weeks, and this assignment is a great opportunity for me to communication well on the Internet. Cyberspace has taken the place of the phone in some cases.

Anonymous said...

Hi Joe - Thanks for taking this on so the rest of us can learn all about blogging.... I have never been to a blog site until this class, so this certainly is a learning experience for me.
thanks!
Abby

Anonymous said...

Your travels sound very exciting. It is certainly easier to travel far and often,as it sounds like you do, when you can stay connected to your world at home.

This is my first experience with a blog. I'm sure it will open up a new way of sharing thoughts.

bpross said...

Thanks Joe for taking on the role of blogmaster. I am looking forward to learning more about blogging. My initial impressions were too great from what I seen, but I am hoping to be challenged and possibly change my perception of what these blogs are all about.
Brandi

Chris RSM said...

Joe,
We applaud you for taking lead as the blogmaster. You have assumed this master position well and I envy your courage.
Chris

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joe for shouldering this important responsibility. I have never really worked with Blogs in the past or at least commented on them. I have read many of them, especially those that concern Sci Fi, Government Defense Technologies and other silly things like that... I think Blogs are great and I'm really glad I took this class.