EA SPORTS - Its in the Game!

“It’s in the Game”.
EA sports motto

EA sports is the sports video gaming branch of Electronic Arts. They have produced the biggest names in sports video games. From the popular Madden football video games to Tiger Woods gold, no one in gaming has put more emphasis and technology into their sports games.

Every year they update their sports games, for example Madden football is up to its 2009 edition with the first ones starting in the 1990’s. EA Sports began in 1993 and have grown ever since. In fact many of today’s scouting systems for professional franchises in the NFL and the NBA uses Eva’s technology to chart their own stats.

In 2007 ESPN began to televise the Madden Championship where video gamers would compete for $100,000. Gamers would play one another in a large contest to see who the best Madden football video game player is. Its ratings have improved and there has been an increase of people sending in applications to be on the show.

EA sports tapped into a market where today’s youth are sucked into the video game world. Both the fantasy and reality of video games capture audience’s world wide. There are two things in life people want to be – a celebrity and/or an athlete… these video games fill a void for people and their dreams. Are these games ruining our youth and society? That could be debated with time but one thing is for sure – video games aren’t going away – they are only getting stronger and more lifelike. Who knows what the next 30 years will bring us, only time will tell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how technical the EA Sports games are to play! I have only played Madden and NHL Hockey 08 briefly, and I was pretty terrible at both of them. The amount of stradegy and the number of buttons I had to push to make any progress was incredible. I admire the talent and time that it takes to master these games, but to me, being outside actually participating in live sports is more satisfying than sitting in front of a TV.

I am not knocking the people who play video games as I have been known to play a few to pass the time, but it seems like more and more of the youth are becoming engulfed in these fantasy worlds and are becoming further out of touch with reality. I was totally turned away from video games when all I encountered was a bunch of #%@& talking 12 year-olds talking about my mom. Seems like the TV and video games have taken a place for parenting, discipline, respect, and an occasional a%% whoppin'

Anonymous said...

I have tried these types of games and found that I have absolutely no talent to play them. I am just not adept at playing this or any game that has multiple buttons. I too envy those who can play these types of games; however, I do not lose sleep over it. I do not tend to watch the Madden shows either. I do like Madden even though I am a Broncos fan!