Voice Communication in Online Gaming

Quote: "When you add voice, you now have neither a normal online gaming experience or a normal voice experience."

Reference: Karpinski, R. (2008, March 31). Online gaming finds its voice. Telephony, Retrieved October 3, 2008, from Academic Search Premier Database.

I been gaming ever since I was a little boy, and I never thought gaming would be where it is today. I have friends all over the United States and the chat feature in gaming has brought me closer to most of them. I no longer need to call a friend in order to talk to him all I need is my Xbox 360 and an Internet connection. There is no worrying about going over minutes, roaming, or any dumb phone charge a person can think of. I am a person that doesn’t like to talk on the phone so being able to play a game with a friend, and talk to him at the same time through a private voice chat is a one of the best ways for me to communicate. Now don’t get me wrong voice communication in online games has its bad side too. The one thing that I don’t like about it is that people are able to say whatever they want and sometime people just get out of hand, but I guess that’s why they have a mute button for each player. I see the future of voice in online gaming growing in the next couple of months as Xbox plans to make avatars available to gamers adding another way to enjoy voice communication in online gaming.

No comments: