Google Apps - Great Collaboration Tool for Individuals & Groups

"The Web offers tools to allow groups to collaborate on documents and spreadsheets, and to build libraries of reference materials, project documents and shared to-do lists."
Forbes goes on to cover different companies technologies and programs to enable this collaboration. I would like to introduce all of you to the Google Apps for Your Domain which I am actually an end user of. This Forbes article hits on the main features of Google Apps including: Calendar, Docs and Spreadsheets, and notebook. I have found these services to be invaluable to me in my personal life. I utilize the free version of Google Apps and pay $10 per year to godaddy.com to have my own domain name registration. You can visit their site at http://www.google.com/a and setting your own site up is very easy. My wife and I utilize this site for posting pictures, our email accounts are setup via this site and it is very easy to add other family members and mailbox limitations. One of my favorite features of the Google Apps is the Google Docs which takes almost any type of file and lets you edit it as a group and then save as any Microsoft compatible file. The Calendar feature is great too because my wife can add important appointments to the calendar and remind me of certain items. It also syncs with Microsoft Outlook which is really cool! I would highly urge people looking for a custom email address, shared calendar capabilities, website creation and collaboration of documents to take a look at this neat product.
Link to the article can be found here:
http://www.forbes.com/entrepreneurs/2007/02/26/google-microsoft-bluetie-ent-tech-cx_mw_0226smallbizresource.html?partner=links

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

After reading about google apps Iw as really impressed with what it offers. This is a gret way to have a very business like look and feel to your website or any application. I am considering in signing up for it to supplement my personal website that I have.