Earning online degrees

“Earning an online bachelors degree is a perfect way for individuals that are currently employed full time to further their careers. By studying online individuals can keep their regular job and still earn a degree in record time” (Jackson 2007). This almost sounds like a “sales pitch”! When I looked into going back to school I did not want to take classroom studies because I did not think I could attend classes on a regular schedule. I thought it would be EASIER to take online classes. Online classes are more expensive and I have to believe require more work. Yes it is a convenience to work from home and I am learning so much and enjoy every online class I have taken at Regis but there are times that I think that promoting online classes is a sales pitch to get people who cannot attend classroom studies (old guys like me) on a regular basis to give the institution more revenue. Education is what you make of it and it doesn’t matter if you take online courses or classroom courses. I definitely would promote online classes for the education you get opposed to the convenience.
References:
Jackson, Joyce, (2007), Advantages to Completing An Online Bachelors Degree, retrieved from internet http://www.study-online.net/articles/1620.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the online format has opened up opportunities for many individuals that are not able to attend school otherwise. Juggling school, work and family is something that takes time, and sometimes school has to come when there is available time, even if at midnight.

Natasha said...

I love the online format. The fact that online degrees are offered is the main reason I am finally back in school. I didn't think I would ever be able to find a reasonable balance between school and work, but online classes allow me the flexibility to continue building my career while I go to school.