Misspellings too?

Teleki, Margot W. "Lost in cyberspace. " New Jersey Law Journal. (Nov 13, 2006): NA. Academic OneFile. Gale. BCR Regis University. 20 Oct. 2007

This article is written as almost an advertisement for lawyers to have a web site with specific features. If it weren’t for slightly critical remarks, one would think this is for an advertising firm. Rather, it tells of the content that people are looking for in this rushed and impatient world. The author, Margot W. Teleki, says that the key to a successful site is the key words that it contains. This is a view that makes sense, but I personally have never thought. Of course the person that is looking for an attorney would first use a search engine to find one. Key words such as the location or kind of attorney would be the logical place to start. If the site does not contain these vital words than of course the site will be skipped and business lost. She comes across in a matter-of-fact kind of way that caught my attention from the start. Teleki also states that one should include common misspellings of the firm’s name and the misspellings of the attorney’s names also. Clever girl. Blogs were also mentioned as a use on an attorney’s site. This would be very interesting to see although I have never seen this on an attorney site. I like her ideas, and I would bet that one would be smart to follow them. -Teresa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Theresa

I don't know what happened that you got so far behind.. but I am soo impressed that you are still going.. it may not mean much but I am behind your efforts