Ain't he just so cute?



My grandson is computer savvy at three, and he spends time with me every week. He like to sit on my lap and "help" me with my homework. He likes my COM215 course, because we get to surf the internet and look at bunches of pictures, and I am helping him to learn to read. Great tool.
More importantly, he has taught me more than any classroom, ever will, about communication. He never settles for a very direct answer, always wanting to know more. This forces me to have to look at the world though his eyes and his mind to communicate. When I don't, it all seems to become dribble.

3 comments:

tm said...

Alan,

I think it is wonderful you are learning to communicate in cyberspace via a three-year-old boy! Our children learn at such a greater pace than we ever did. If the whole world could try to see things as children do, it would be a much better place. Is your grandson involved with computers in his school? How often does he spend time in cyberspace? I imagine him twenty years from now-he will be a cyberspace communicating guru!

Anna

Alan said...

Anna,

Most of the time he is with me when he is on the internet. About 2 hours a week. He does not spend time on a computer at school, but I have set up one for him to access age appropriate games at his house.

It is amazing to watch how quickly he learns.

Janice said...

Alan,
Great picture.. Rather odd I find your blog for you class COM215, because I am currently in that class at Regis University and our assignment is to find an existing article and comment on it. This is all completely new to me and I have learned a lot. I have two year old and he and surf the web for the class to.